Baking soda is a natural whitening ingredient commonly used in everyday household life. Other household ingredients, namely lemon, and lime are just as popular. The efficacy of these three ingredients Continue Reading
Baking soda is a natural whitening ingredient commonly used in everyday household life. Other household ingredients, namely lemon, and lime are just as popular. The efficacy of these three ingredients in removing stains and whitening something has been proven effective, but what about whitening teeth? Is the way to whiten teeth with lemon and baking soda effective? What exactly are the benefits of lemon for teeth and is it safe to whiten teeth with lime, lemon, or baking soda? This article will answer those questions.
What causes teeth to change color?
First, it is important to know why teeth can change color;
- Stains from food. Certain types of food and drink, such as coffee, tea, or soda, can stain teeth.
- Dental plaque buildup. Tooth plaque that is not cleaned can build up and make teeth look yellowish.
- The erosion of tooth enamel. Email is the outermost layer of the teeth which is white. If the enamel is eroded or thinning, the underlying layer, the yellowish dentine, will appear. Email thinning can be triggered by age, gum disease, and certain types of foods, usually acidic ones.
You can find guides on how to whiten teeth with lime, lemon, or baking soda everywhere, but how effective and how safe is this method? The benefits of lemon for teeth are tantalizing – its vitamin C content can brighten teeth, and its citric acid content fights bacteria in the mouth.
No wonder lemon is widely used as one of the mainstay ingredients in toothpaste. Abrasive baking soda is said to remove stains on the outer layer of teeth. Meanwhile, because of its acidic nature, how to whiten teeth with lime is touted as one solution. However, applying these ingredients directly to the teeth is not recommended. Use products such as steel bite pro supplement that has been specially formulated using natural ingredients that can help you to nourish your teeth and gums. For those of you who want to buy this supplement, you can also read steel bite pro reviews first
Tips for safe teeth whitening
You can try the following safe ways to restore natural white teeth:
1. Choosing the right toothpaste.
Natural toothpaste can help restore natural white teeth. This toothpaste uses a unique blend of natural ingredients such as high-quality charcoal and lemon extract from Italy and an active formula that helps gently remove stains on teeth.
2. Maintain cleanliness of teeth and mouth.
Practicing proper and regular dental and oral care is the most basic key to all oral and dental problems. Use fluoridated toothpaste and toothpaste specifically for sensitive teeth if you have sensitive teeth
3. Routine dental and oral health checks to the dentist.
Through regular visits, dentists can detect oral and dental problems early. Your dentist can also suggest a tooth whitening treatment that is right for you.
4. Stop smoking and reduce foods and drinks that cause stains on teeth.
Now that you know how safe it is to whiten teeth with natural ingredients, you can decide the most appropriate and safe way to get healthy teeth and a white, bright smile. To find out more, see also our article about the properties of natural ingredients for teeth.